English Material Part 3
1) you the meeting last night?
(a) Do,attend (b) Did, attend (c) have, attend (d) has, attend
4) work hard lest you fail in the exam.
(a) must (b) should (c) can (d) may
5) How often she her hair
(a) has, wash (b) does, wash (c) did, washed (d) is wash
6) Give the synonym for TERMINATE.
(a) suspend (b) interrupt (c) end (d) dismiss
7) He said , “ what a nice house it is !”
(a) he exclaimed with hate that is was very nice flower
(b) he exclaimed with praise that it is a very nice house.
(c) he exclaimed with praise that it was a very nice house
(d) he told with praise thet it is a very nice house.
8) He for his friend since morning.
(a) has been waiting (b) waited (c) waiting (d)wait
9) Ashok was one of the greatest kings.
(a) No other king was so greatest kings.
(b) very few kings were as great as Ashika.
(c) Ashoka was greater than any other king.
(d) some other king were as greater as Ashoka.
10) I have lost my trust you.
(a) on (b) in (c) at (d) of
11) There is eucalyptus tree near the play ground.
(a) a (b) the (c) an (d) no article
12) Run fast get you cricket.
(a) or (b) but (c) ptherwise (d) and
13) does he take rest in day time ?
(a) how far (b) how long (c) how many (d) how deep
14) deaf are usually speechless.
(a) The (b) A (c) An (d) no article
15) Democracy means : .
(a) A political system selected by the king
(b) A political system ruled by the people.
(d) none of the above.
16) The plural of ‘piano’ is .
(a) pianoes (b) pianoeses (c) pianos (d) none of these
17) The boy I gave a gift is my friend ‘s cousin.
(a) who (b) whom (c) whose (d) which
18) Your success is your hard work.
(a) instead of (b) due to (c) at the top of (d) inspite of
19) My frind knows how to speak Marathi.
(a) a (b) the (c) an (d) no article
20) He poured milk the pot.
(a) in (b) into (c) onto (d) upto
21) Who can count the stars ? means………..
(a) No body can count the stars (b) can nobody count stars
(c) All the person can count the stars (d) Everyday can count the stars
22) This is the boy uncle is a well-known doctor of the city.
(a) whom (b) whose (c) who (d) which
23) I like to study mathematics.
(a) a (b) the (c)a (d)no article
24) is used for driving nails.
(a) car (b) tractor (c) hammer (d) amulnce
25) I work hard I can get good marks.
(a) so that (b) so…….that (c) such…….that (d) due to
26) Change the voice.
(a) my name is asked buy them. (b) I asked my name by them.
(c) I was asked my name by them. (d) I am asked my name by them.
27) I the news an hour ago.
(a) will hear (b) was heard (c) heard (d) hears
28) Ravi that film already.
(a) has seen (b) has been seeing (c) saw (d)seen
29) Thirty days september.
(a) have (b) has (c) had (d) are
30) She drove faster than I. ( change the degree)
(a) I do not drive as fast as she. (b) I did not drive so fast as she.
(c) I did not drive so faster as she (d) I does not drive as fast as she.
31) He not to college today.
(a) does, come (b) has come (c) is come (d) was , come
32) The teacher made him on the bench .
(a) to stand (b) standing (c) stands (d) stand
33) Little water is in the bottle ?
(a) isn’ t it (b) is it (c) does it (d) wasn’t it
34) I ill since last Monday.
(a) will be (b) have been (c) was (d) is
35) His are blue.
(a) veins (b) vains (c) wains (d) weine
36) Rajat is eating a mongo now.
(a) A mango is eating a mongo now. (b) A mango was being eaten by rajat
(c) A mango is be eaten by rajat now. (d) A mango is being eaten by rajat.
37) Select the correct form of indirect narration.
“ The pupils said to the teacher , “ please allow us to play half an hour more”
(a) The pupils told the teacher to allow them to play half an hour more.
(b) The pupils exclaimed the teacher to allow them to play half an hour more.
(c) The pupils requested the teacher to allow them to paly half an hour more.
(d) The pupils commanded the teacher to allow them to play half an hour more.
38) I do not agree your decision.
(a) to (b) with (c) at (d) in
39) is the best performance.
(a) your (b) his (c) my (d) our
40) our teacher told as that knowledge is power.
(a) we were told by our teacher that knowledge is power
(b) it is told by our teacher that knowledge should be power.
(c) it is told by our teacher that knowledge must be power
(d) it is told by our teacher that knowledge could be power.
41) Nobody should write answers red ink.
(a) by (b) to (c) from (d) in
42) Last year ,the crops failed heavy rain.
(a) according to (b) with a view to (c) owing to (d) inspite
43) What is the meaning of glacier?
(a) A slowly moving river of ice (b) A flooder rivernd
(c) A deep river (d) None
44) My father not from the office yet.
(a) did,return (b) has returned (c) was return (d) have, return
45) Thanak absent since Monday.
(a) has been (b) was (c) been (d) have been
46) We navratri last week.
(a) celebrate (b) celebrated (c) will celebrate (d) celebrates
47) Anil ‘the times of india’daily.
(a) is reading (b) has read (c) reads (d) read
48) They the taj mahal next month.
(a) visited (b) have visited (c) will visit (d) visits
49) The nagetive of ; he is too dull to understand it.
(a) he in not to dull to understands it (b) he is so dull that understand it
(c) he is so dull that he cannot understand it (d) ha is not too dull to understand it
50) Who broke the glass of the window ?
(a) by whom the glass of the window was broken ?
(b) by whose the glass of window broken?
(c) by whom was the glass of the window broken ?
(d) by whom the glass of window is broken ?