Shri Govindguru University B.ed. Sem 2 Old Paper
Shri Govindguru University Godhra B.ed. Programer Old Pepar Download
After going through the course the teacher trainee will be able to…
1. Get information about meaning, concept, characteristics, types and sources of
2. appraise the concept of Modernization, Multiculturalism and Democratic Education.
3. acquaint with the culture and modernity, individualism, nationalism and universalism.
4. understand the concept of hidden curriculum and analyze various curriculum
5. explain the meaning, foundations, types and determinants of curriculum.
6. get information about importance, principle sand steps of curriculum construction.
7. acquire conceptual understanding of curriculum development and evaluation.
Unit-1 Epistemological bases of Education
1.1 Knowledge: Meaning, Definition, concept and characteristics
1.2 Differences among Skill, Information, Knowledge, Wisdom
1.3 Types of knowledge: Tacit Knowledge and Explicit Knowledge
1.4 Source of knowledge: Educational, Situational, Conceptual and Strategic
Unit-2 Social and Cultural context of Education
2.1 Modes of education : face to face, open & distance learning, e-learning
2.2 Concept of Society and Culture, Its influences in recent education system.
2.3 Education in multi-cultural society with reference to values like equality,
social justice and individual differences.
2.4 Tagore and Kirshnamurti:concept of individualism, nationalism, and
universalism with reference to education.
3.1 Curriculum: Meaning, Definition, Importance and Difference between
syllabus and curriculum
3.2 Hidden Curriculum : meaning, concept, merits & demerits
Allan, C. et al., (1993). Curriculum Foundations, Principles and Issues. Allyn and Bacon, London.
Ballantine, H.J. (1983). The Sociology of Education - A Systematic Analysis. Prentice-Hall,
Inc., New Jersey.
Benjamin S. Bloom, (1956). Taxonomy of Educational Objectives. Handbook-I, Cognitive
domain. New York: Mckay.
Bhati. B.D. and Sharma S.R., (1992). Principles of Curriculum Construction. Kanishka
Publishing House, Delhi.
Bhatt B.D., (1996). Curriculum Reform Change and Continuity. Kanishka Publications, New
Bruner, J.S. et al., (1965). A study of Thinking. New York. John Wiley.
Chandra S.S. and Sharma, R.K., (2004). Sociology of Education. Atlantic publishers and
distributors, New Delhi.
Krishnamurti, J. (1912). Education as a Service. Chicago : The Rajput Press.
NR Swarup Sexsena: Philosophical and sociological foundation of education. R Lall Book
Pandey, M. (2000). Principles of Curriculum Development. New Delhi : Rajput Publication.
S.K Murty: Philosophical and sociological foundation of education: Parkash Brothers
SK Murty: Essentials of Curriculum development. Allied Book Center Hyderabad.